General Terms and Conditions
(The following text is similarly contained within this document: General Terms and Conditions from SARL Bussolles)
SARL BUSSOLLES® provides you with a pleasant stay at the estate. We all contribute to maintaining this heritage. We recommend that our guests take out travel and cancellation insurance. Our General Terms and Conditions are largely derived from the General Terms and Conditions of Groepen.nl.
General Terms and Conditions SARL BUSSOLLES®
These general terms and conditions apply to every offer made by SARL BUSSOLLES® and to every agreement concluded between SARL BUSSOLLES® and the client, participant, or contracting party (hereinafter referred to as “you”).
Article 1 Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- Group accommodation/conference center: the entirety or a portion of the estate, the château, the cottages, or the buildings, and/or accommodations with all related accessories, inventory, and items rented together;
- Entrepreneur: SARL BUSSOLLES® who provides the group accommodation or conference venue to the contracting party;
- Contractor: the individual who agrees on behalf of a group;
- Group: the collection of individuals who, under the agreement, have the right to stay in the group accommodation or conference center;
- Group members: those who are part of the group;
- Agreed price: the compensation paid for the use of the group accommodation/conference center; it must be explicitly stated in writing what is and is not included in the price;
- Costs: all expenses for the entrepreneur related to the provision of the stay;
- Information: written or electronically provided data regarding the use of the group accommodation/conference center, the amenities, and the rules about the stay;
- Cancellation: the written termination of the agreement by the contractor before the commencement date of the stay. Wherever the terms and conditions refer to group accommodation, they shall also apply to conference center(s).
Article 2 Content of Agreement
- The entrepreneur provides the agreed group accommodation for the agreed period and at the agreed price to the group for recreational and/or business purposes, excluding permanent residency.
- The entrepreneur is obligated to provide the written information upon which this agreement is based to the guest in advance. Any changes to this information shall be promptly communicated to the contractor in writing.
- If the provided information significantly deviates from the information given at the time of agreeing, the guest has the right to cancel the agreement without incurring any costs.
- Le contractant est tenu de respecter le contrat et les règles figurant dans les informations connexes. Il veille à ce que les membres du groupe respectent également le contrat et les règles contenues dans les informations connexes.
- The entrepreneur assumes that the contractor enters into this agreement with the group members’ consent.
- The contractor is required to provide the entrepreneur with a list of group members no later than the day of arrival.
Article 3 Duration and Termination of the Agreement
The agreement terminates automatically upon the expiration of the agreed period, without the need for prior notice of termination.
Article 4 Price and Price Modification
- The price is determined based on the prevailing rates established by the entrepreneur at that time.
- If, after the determination of the agreed price, additional costs arise for the entrepreneur due to an increase in burdens, directly related to the accommodation or the contractor and/or group members, resulting from changes in levies and/or taxes, these costs may be passed on to the contractor, even after the conclusion of the agreement.
Article 5 Payment
- The contractor must make payments in euros unless otherwise agreed.
- If, despite prior written notice, the contractor fails to fulfill their payment obligation within two weeks after the written notice, the entrepreneur has the right to terminate the agreement with immediate effect, without prejudice to the entrepreneur’s right to full payment of the agreed price.
- If, on the day of arrival, the entrepreneur does not have the total amount due, they are entitled to deny the contractor and group members access to the group accommodation, without prejudice to the entrepreneur’s right to full payment of the agreed price.
- The contractor shall be responsible for the reasonable extrajudicial costs incurred by the entrepreneur, following a notice of default. If the total amount is not paid promptly, the legally established interest rate on the outstanding amount will be charged after written demand.
Article 6 Cancellation
- In the event of cancellation, the contractor shall pay compensation to the entrepreneur. As follows:
– For cancellations more than twelve months before the commencement date, 10% of the agreed price.
– For cancellations more than six months before the commencement date, 30% of the agreed price.
– For cancellations within four to six months before the commencement date, 70% of the agreed price.
– For cancellations within two to four months before the commencement date, 80% of the agreed price.
– For cancellations within two months before the commencement date, 95% of the agreed price.
– For cancellations on the day of the commencement date, 100% of the agreed price.
- In the case of a cancellation more than six months before the commencement date of the agreement, which is entered into by or on behalf of an individual rather than a legal entity or business, the cancellation fee shall be proportionately refunded, after deducting administrative costs, if the group accommodation is reserved by a third party at the recommendation of the contractor and with the written consent of the entrepreneur for the same period or a portion thereof.
Article 7 Use by Third Parties
- The use of the group accommodation by third parties is only permitted if the entrepreneur has granted written permission for such use.
- Conditions for the granted permission, if any, must be established in writing in advance.
Article 8 Early Departure by the Contractor
The contractor is liable for the full price for the agreed period, regardless of any early departure.
Article 9 Termination by the Entrepreneur and Eviction for Attributable Shortcoming and/or Wrongful Act
- The entrepreneur may terminate the agreement with immediate effect:
- If the contractor and/or group members fail to comply, despite prior written warning, with the obligations under the agreement, the rules in the accompanying information, and/or government regulations, to such an extent that, according to the standards of reasonableness and fairness, it cannot be expected of the entrepreneur to continue the agreement;
- If the contractor and/or group members, despite prior written warning, cause disturbances to the entrepreneur and/or others, or if the contractor and/or group members disrupt the peaceful atmosphere in or in the immediate vicinity of the estate;
- If the contractor and/or group members, despite prior written warning, use the group accommodation in violation of the estate’s purpose;
- If the entrepreneur wishes to terminate the agreement and evict, they must notify the contractor by personally delivered letter. After termination, the contractor must ensure that the group accommodation is vacated, and the group or the respective group members leave the estate as soon as possible but no later than within four hours.
- If the contractor fails to vacate the group accommodation, the entrepreneur is entitled to evict the group accommodation at the contractor’s expense.
- The contractor remains generally obligated to pay the agreed rate.
Article 10 Legislation and Regulations
- The entrepreneur ensures at all times that the group accommodation complies with all environmental and safety requirements, both internally and externally, that may be imposed by the authorities on the group accommodation.
- The contractor and the group members are obligated to strictly adhere to all safety regulations applicable within the group accommodation. The contractor and the group members must also ensure that any third party visiting or staying with them strictly complies with the safety regulations on the premises.
Article 11 Maintenance and Construction
- The entrepreneur is obligated to maintain the group accommodation and central facilities in good condition.
- The group is required to maintain the group accommodation and the area surrounding the group accommodation in the same condition during the term of the agreement.
- The contractor and the group members are not permitted to dig on the premises surrounding the group accommodation, cut down trees, trim bushes, or engage in any similar activities.
Article 12 Liability
- The entrepreneur is not liable for accidents, theft, or damage on their premises unless such incidents result from a shortcoming attributable to the entrepreneur.
- The entrepreneur is not liable for the consequences of extreme weather conditions or other forms of force majeure.
- The entrepreneur is liable for disruptions in utilities unless they can claim force majeure.
- If the rented group accommodation is lost or temporarily unusable without the entrepreneur being at fault, both the entrepreneur and the contractor have the right to terminate the agreement. If the loss of the group accommodation or its temporary unusability can be attributed to the entrepreneur, the contractor may claim compensation.
- The contractor is liable to the entrepreneur for damage caused by their actions or omissions, as well as those of the group members, to the extent that such damage can be attributed to the contractor and/or the group members.
Article 13 Dispute Resolution
French law applies to all disputes related to the agreement. Only the French court has jurisdiction over these disputes. The group leader must submit their complaint to the entrepreneur in writing within two weeks of its occurrence.